Kayaking to Me:

My photo
I view all of the various facets of kayaking as mutually beneficial. My goal as a kayak athlete is to become as proficient as possible in as many disciplines of the sport as I can. As a kayaker, one can always find ways to improve, it is a constant, never ending learning curve. To excel at the sport requires a delicate balance of power, precision, speed, and finesse. The pursuit of that balance is what has captivated my attention as a kayaker for more than 20 years.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tsali Triathlon


Recently I had the opportunity to participate in the Tsali Challenge Triathlon. This event was tremendous fun and was my first ever multi-sport event. After facing some challenges with the heat, a flat tire, and having gone out a bit too hard in the paddling component, I was able to finish third, which I was very happy about. Thanks again to CLIF BAR for keeping me going.